United Kingdom · Turkey · United
Pangaea Partners is a highly regarded investment
banking and consulting organization. Pangaea
has specialized in emerging markets since its founding in 1989. Our broad
experience has included operating a securities brokerage in Zambia for 15 years
prior to selling it to a multinational investment banking company, completing
investment banking transactions on three continents, and consulting to a wide variety of
corporations, financial institutions and multi-laterals.
Pangaea's depth of experience and skills diversity offers
state-of-the-art advice tailored to local realities. A hallmark of Pangaea's
operations is the successful completion of projects in spite of severe time
constraints or difficult circumstances.
Understanding that every project requires
dedication and commitment, Pangaea has developed an approach to project
management which ensures that each assignment is completed on time and to the
total satisfaction of the client. This approach includes:
- Assurance that the project is the highest
priority of each team member.
- Strict adherence to the project schedule.
- Senior management involvement in both overall
project management and the hands-on work of the project itself.
- Commitment to the transfer of skills to local
staff in emerging countries.
- Frequent client contact to maintain effective
communication about developments that could affect the project or the
| Our Services
| Clients | Offices |
Pangaea's investment banking and consulting
practice has focused on five areas:
Fund Raising and Financial Advisory Services
Pangaea serves as financial advisor to
governments and corporations in the areas of raising funds and financial
- Collectively, Pangaea personnel have raised more
than $3 billion in general and project financings. The firm maintains contact
with more than 500 financial investors in Japan, Europe, the Middle East and
the United States and with governments and corporations on five continents.
- Pangaea was the co-manager of The World Bank's
$15 million fund supporting private enterprises in Kyrgyzstan.
- Pangaea worked on cogeneration project financing
for four Turkish industrial companies.
- Pangaea served as financial advisor to the Board
of Directors of a U.S. agricultural company as it restructured its finances
and raised new funds.
- For the EBRD, Pangaea evaluated an investment in
a water bottling plant in Azerbaijan.
- Pangaea assisted a gold-mining company in Ghana
in need of reorganization and an equity infusion.
- Pangaea has been involved in a majority of the
share listings as lead advisor and/or sponsoring broker on the Lusaka Stock Exchange,
including the largest IPO to date (Celtel Zambia).
Privatizations, M&A and Restructurings
Pangaea performs cross-border M&A assignments
involving emerging markets, corporate restructurings and privatization
transactions, such as private sales, auctions and IPOs.
- Pangaea served as investment banker for a
two-year USAID-funded privatization project for the Government of Tunisia. The
firm recommended and implemented sales strategies for target companies.
- In Turkey, Pangaea represented investors and the
Turkish Republic in several privatizations. Pangaea personnel have also been
involved in a number of M&A transactions.
- In five former Soviet and Eastern European
countries, Pangaea worked with an international bank seeking to expand into
the region via acquisition of local banks or the creation of new banks.
- Pangaea/EMI Securities Zambia (a member of the
stock exchange) managed the public offering of the Government's shares in
Rothmans Zambia. Pangaea has also negotiated on behalf of the Government of
Zambia with preemptive rights holders (such as AGIP) and potential purchasers
of other parastatals.
- In Romania, Pangaea provided a valuation of a
local investment bank as part of its merger with another institution.
- Pangaea prepared the prospectus for a Turkish
bank's international public offering of shares.
Capital Markets Development
Pangaea handles the creation or modernization of
securities regulatory regimes and/or stock markets.
- In Zambia, Pangaea established a securities
regulatory regime and the country's first stock exchange, under IFC
sponsorship. Quickly and cost efficiently, Pangaea's team completed the
project to meet world-class standards.
- Pangaea helped the Tunisian government modernize
the Tunis bourse and write new securities regulations.
- Pangaea served the Amman Financial Market to
improve listing and issuing procedures.
- Pangaea assisted the Governments of Uganda and
Tanzania with the design and creation of viable securities markets.
- Pangaea/EMI Securities Zambia (a member of the
stock exchange) served as lead broker on several issues, handled the 1998
listing of Standard Chartered Zambia, arranged the rights issue of Zambia
Breweries and completed a large proportion of the trades done at the exchange
over the last five years.
Pangaea specializes in improving the operations
of banks and export credit agencies, evaluating banks' credit quality, designing
and/or operating development agencies' on-lending facilities and assisting with
the creation of new banks.
- In Kyrgyzstan, a Pangaea team worked for two
years on behalf of EBRD to improve the credit capabilities, accounting
systems, personnel, and internal operations of three local banks. Bankers were
trained (using Russian) in credit procedures. This team also set up all
systems at the National (Central) Bank for its EBRD-funded small and medium
enterprise credit line.
- Pangaea has worked with more than a dozen banks
to improve their treasury or corporate credit risk management processes.
- The firm has helped the EXIM Bank of Turkey and
the African Development Bank (AfDB) update their credit procedures and
- Pangaea worked with a Turkish bank to improve
its credit and marketing polices and procedures.
- Pangaea improved the risk analysis, MIS,
treasury and marketing operations of the Slovak Export Insurance Corporation (SPE).
The team also prepared a feasibility study for the creation of an export
financing agency and drafted legislation to permit its establishment.
- For the African Development Bank, Pangaea
analyzed the credit quality of 110 banks in 35 African nations in 1992 and
again in 1994.
- Pangaea provided a senior credit officer to
UzPromstroybank from 2000 to 2006.
Pangaea personnel have developed and delivered
numerous courses on lending, project finance, corporate finance and capital
markets with an emphasis on conditions in developing economies.
- Pangaea staff have presented courses to more
than 30,000 professionals and trainer-candidates at more than a score of
Turkish, Central Asian and Nigerian banks and at the Centre for International
Banking Studies in Istanbul.
- The firm developed course materials for the
start-up of the Zambian securities market.
- In Ghana, Pangaea worked with the
stock exchange to update its entire curriculum for the various participants in the
local capital markets.
- Pangaea staff conducted courses on SME lending
at EBRD's Regional Bank Training Center in Uzbekistan as well as in Zambia,
Turkmenistan and Kyrgyzstan.
Pangaea works with a broad range of private
companies, emerging market funds, stock brokers, banks, government agencies and
multilateral development banks. In addition to our brokerage clients, a partial
list of Pangaea clients, located on five continents, includes:
- African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Akbank (Turkey)
- Barclays Bank (Zambia)
- Capital s.a. (Romania)
- Celtel (now Zain) Zambia (Zambia)
- Chilanga Cement (Zambia)
- Demirbank (Turkey)
- European Bank for Reconstruction and
- EXIM Bank of Turkey
- European Commission
- Export Insurance Company of Slovakia (SPE)
- Farmers House (Zambia)
- Federal National Mortgage Association
- Garanti Bank (Turkey)
- Iktisat Bank (Turkey)
- International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Kazkommertsbank (Kazakstan)
- Koc Bank (Turkey)
- Konkola Copper Mine (Zambia)
- Management, Fertilizers of Trinidad and
- National Bank of Kyrgyzstan
- PTA Bank (Kenya)
- Regional Bank Training Centre (Uzbekistan)
- Shoprite Holdings (Zambia)
- Ministry of Finance, Republic of Slovakia
- Southern Cross Mining Limited (Ghana)
- Standard Chartered Bank Zambia
- Swedish International Development
Cooperation Agency (Sida)
- Tbilcreditbank (Georgia)
- Government of Tunisia
- United Georgian Bank (Georgia)
- United States Agency for International
- The World Bank
- Yapi Kredi Bank (Turkey)
- Zambeef Products (Zambia)
- Government of Zambia
- Zambia Breweries
- Zambia Sugar
- Zambia Privatisation Agency
Pangaea personnel have been active in more than 40
emerging markets, including:
- Cape Verde
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Czech Republic
FYR of Macedonia
Trinidad & Tobago
Kingdom · Turkey
· United States
Unfortunately the email addresses herein cannot be clicked on - you will have to
type the address into an email.
any inconvenience - blame the spammers. :)
Pangaea Partners (U.K.) Limited
Fielding Road, Chiswick
Danismanlik, Egitim, Bilgisayar ve Tic A.S.
cad., No: 135, Da.: 6
Pangaea Partners, Ltd.
1210 N. Westfield Rd
Tel: (1) 608-347-0192
Unfortunately the email addresses above cannot be
clicked on - you will have to type the address into an email.
We regret any inconvenience - blame the spammers.
Return to Pangaea Partners' Main Menu